Abramaridas and the Unlands, a Study by Talkemann III
Until 3 years ago, in 2983 of the 12th age, no one had heard of an “Abramarida”, but on the 1st of Moldagen, a Hakuchirese fisher spotted a strange light in the middle of the Angelic Ocean. She approached it, and found it to be a “large, violet sphere of light, with no source”. Upon learning of the fisher’s account, as well as those of many others sailing that night, Queen Valodai of Hakuchira sent a search party to the location given. Witnessing it firsthand, there could be no doubt. Something not of this world had come. Over the next 8 months, a large structure of docks was built around it, with uncounted teams from numerous organizations and nations(myself included) studying the “vortex”.
Exactly one year after the initial sighting, something came through the vortex. A tall, humanoid figure, with fur of blue with green stripes, and a face resembling a tiger mask hobbled out, clutching it’s arm, as if injured. The researchers were baffled; what is it? Where did it come from? Can it speak? Was it sent by the gods?
After medical treatment and some rest, the creature spoke. His name was Budofinalo, but that was about as much information as he could convey, as he spoke in a tongue completely separate and unrelated to any on Arlamus. Several linguists were requested, and were able to piece together the following:
- Budofinalo is a member of a race of sentient humanoids residing in a realm known as the “Unlands”, who call themselves the Abramaridas.
- The Unlands contains no land, water, sun, or moon(hence the name), and is simply a seemingly infinite stretch of sky. This sky is unlike our own in that instead of being blue at day and sparkling black at night, the Unlands is a vast, swirling rainbow, emitting no light and in dim and fluctuating colors. The only exception to this is a small, rocky, floating landmass known as “Maelhi”.
- On Maelhi the Abramaridas live, subsisting on grasslike plants, and living in homes that supposedly were never built by anybody, but have simply existed as far as anyone can remember.
- The population used to be approximtely 50 individuals, but at about the same time as the appearance of the Vortex, Maelhi was invaded by an army of small, metal, cloaked figures with six legs and pincers, co-ordinated but seemingly with no leader.
- The invaders succeeded in overtaking Maelhi as the Abramaridas could not co-operate, bickering and sometimes fleeing, only to be stabbed by the “hooded crabs”. Some Abramaridas discovered a vortex which was described as identical to our own. Upon finding, one entered, and exitted on Arlamus.
On the night that Budofinalo came to our world, the stars, which had been gone for nearly 3,000 years, came back. That night, being the 1st of Moldagen, was deemed the 1st year of the 13th age. In the 3 years that have passed, about 25 more of the Abramaridas have escaped as well, with individuals both male and female.